|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Due Date: February 16
You will design and create two different Vinyl Wall Graphics for this assignment.
The size can be no larger than 12 inches by 12 inches and no less than 8 inches by 8 inches (make sure this is done in Illustrator, using the Rulers and Guides - watch this video first!)
Each Vinyl Wall Graphic must use three different colors
Each design must be approved by the instructor prior to Vinyl Graphics Assembly
Make sure your different colors are on different layers
Overlapping shapes (of the same color) should be "Merged"
A "background" (a simple square, rectangle, circle) does not count as one of your colored shapes for your assignment.
- Save your file as an Adobe Illustrator document (select the Illustrator 8 option when the window pops up and asks for the version)
- After the vinyl is cut, be sure to remove the negative spaces that are not part of the actual design (using an Exacto knife). This is called "Weeding."
- Use application fluid to apply the different vinyl layers to each other (from bottom to top)
- Be sure to remove all air bubbles, using pins, exact knives, or by simply applying enough pressure with your vinyl applicator
- Take a picture of your two vinyl creations and save the image to your Vinyl Graphics Assembly folder.