Due Date: January 22
Create a new folder in your Communications/Multimedia folder and call it "Pen Tool Exercises"
Save the files (below) to your "Pen Tool Exercises" folder by right clicking on them and choosing "Save As" or "Save Target As"
(DO NOT RENAME THESE FILES)
Create a new Illustrator file (Paper/US Letter/8.5" x 11") for each pen tool exercise.
- DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THESE FILES IN ILLUSTRATOR. Instead, create a NEW Illustrator document (Letter sized) and then PLACE the downloaded file into it by going to "File" and then "Place" command..
- Lock the layer that your Pen Tool PDF is on. Create a new layer - this is the layer you will draw on.
(You can find Layers under the Window menu item at the top of the program.)
- Open the "Layer's panel in Illustrator. Select the down arrow at the top right of the Layer's panel and select "Panel Options."
- Select the button next to the word "Other" and then type then numbers 99 in the box to the right of it.
- Click "Close"
- Connect the dots, create curves, and/or whatever else the pdf instructs you to do.
- Once you have completed these exercises in Illustrator, save the file as a PDF document titled "Pen Tool 1," "Pen tool 2," etc,.Your folder should contain two sets of PDF files. The original TEM1AI pdf files and the new "Pen Tool 1," "Pen Tool 2," "Pen Tool 3," etc.
- All Pen Tool exercises are 2 points each.