|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Due Date: April 12
- Open your “My First Song with Effects Automated” file
- Click on the Master Insert on the mixer
- There is an effect already inserted called “Fruity Limiter” that is located in the #8 slot. Hold down the Shift key, hover your mouse above the Fruity Limiter effect in the slot, and then scroll your mouse wheel up and reposition it into the #7 slot.
- In the #8 slot, insert the effect called “EQUO” (This is a graphic equalizer/spectrum analyzer tool)
When you play your song, the EQUO will give a visual representation of sound frequencies (No, they’re not just pretty lights. They actually mean something)
- Click on the Sytrus insert.
- On the three-band parametric equalizer, move the right slider (highs) up
- On the three-band parametric equalizer, move the middle slider (mid) up
- On the three-band parametric equalizer, move the left slider (lows) down
Make sure your parametric equalizer looks like the one below.
Re-adjust the Sytrus volume level so that it is now set at 60%
Select the PadWah Insert and make sure it’s parametric looks like the one below
Make the Kick inserts parametric equalizer looks like this:
- Select the Master mixer insert and select the “Fruity Limiter” from the #7 effects slot
- In the Fruity Limiter interface, click on the upper left arrow and select Presets
- From the presets, select “Max Loudness”
Save your file as “My First Song Mastered”