|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Due Date: April 12
All of our instrument channels can be altered or even changed out to something different if we so desire. First things first, we need to isolate those instruments so we can closely listen to the changes being made – to make sure it’s what we want.
- Right click on the green light to the left of the Snare instrument’s name
- Select “Solo” (This will disable the other instruments)
- Right click on the Snare instrument button and choose “Replace”
- Choose “FL Keys” from the menu items
What you should see is that the Snare instrument is gone and the FL Keys instrument has taken it’s place.
We can also add instruments
Go to “Channels” on the menu bar and select “Add One.” This will bring up a drop-down menu with a variety of instruments. This list is the current listing of FL’s total VST (Virtual Synthesizer) listing of instruments to choose from. More can be added, but not here and now not – we gotta get the basics down first.
- Add the instrument “Wasp”
- Add the instrument “Wasp XT”
Your step sequencer arrangement should look like this:
- On FL Keys, click on the 1st, 7th, 9th, 12th, 13th, and 15th buttons
- On Wasp, click on the 1st, 5th, 7th, and 14th buttons
- On Wasp XT, click on the 3rd, 5th, 9th, 13th, 14th, and 16th buttons
- Change the Wasp’s pan to 50% left and it’s volume to 40
- Change the Wasp XT’s pan to 50% right
Click on the Play button to test out the sound.
Now, re-enable the Kick, Clap, and Hat instruments (by clicking on those green lights next to the knobs) so you can play everything together.
Save your File.