|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Due Date: January 19
This Graphic Design project must be saved as a PDF, and saved in the appropriate location on the server, in order to be considered a "Completed Assignment"
- Create a new folder on your student drive and label it "Graphic Design"
- Create a folder in the "Graphic Design" folder you just created and label it "Logo Recreation"
- Download this source file to your "Logo Recreation" folder
- Create a new Adobe Illustrator file (letter size - 8.5" x 11")
- Place (do not paste) the downloaded source file into your Illustrator document and lock the layer that it is on.
- Open the "Layer's panel in Illustrator. Select the down arrow at the top right of the Layer's panel and select "Panel Options."
- Select the button next to the word "Other" and then type then numbers 99 in the box to the right of it.
- Click "Close"
- Create a new layer, and begin re-creating the 10 logos.
- While you are working on your assignment, be sure to save it as an Adobe Illustrator (AI) file.
- When you have completed the assignment, then save it as an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file. This file is considered the completed project file.
In-Depth information on Adobe Illustrator Pen Tool Basics can be located here!
- Each logo should reflect the appropriate color scheme of the acquired source image.
- Each logo should appear "clean" (nice, orderly, refined curves, angles, and shapes)
- Each logo is to be created on it's own layer, and appropriately labeled.
- Use the Pen Tool, Path Finder, and native Illustrator Shapes in order to recreate these logos - NO IMAGE TRACE/LIVE TRACE IS TO BE USED. This is an evaluation of your actual Illustrator skills.
- When you are finished, be sure that there are two files present: the Adobe Illustrator file (AI) and the Adobe Portable Document Format file (PDF)
- Relevant Video Tutorials
Logos that are not saved as PDF will not be considered submitted and therefore will not be graded. Please refer to the grading policy)
Standards of Technological Literacy
STL 2- The Core Concepts of Technology
- Optimization and Trade-ffs
STL 3 - The Relationships Among Technologies and the Connections Between Technolgy and Other Fields
- Technology Transfer
- Innovation and Invention
STL 6 - The Role of Society in the Development and Use of Technology
- Development decisions
- Factors affecting designs and demands of technologies
STL 8 - The Attributes of Design
- The design process
- Designs need to be refined
STL 10 - The Role of Troubleshooting, Research and Development, Invention and Innovation, and Experimentation in Problem Solving
- Research and Development
STL 11 - Apply the Design Process
- Identify a design problem
- Identify criteria and constraints
- Evaluate the design
- Develop a product or system using quality control
- Reevaluate final solution(s)
STL 12 - Use and Maintain Technologial Products and Systems
- Operate and maintain systems
- Use computers to communicate
STL 17 - Information and Communication Technologies
- The purpose of Information and Communication systems
- Many ways of communicating
- Communicating through symbols