|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Due Date: December 6
- Creat a new folder in your Communications folder and call it "Newspaper"
- Download this ZIP file and extract it into your "Newspaper" folder.
- Extract all the stories into your Newspaper folder by right clicking on the downloaded "Stories.zip" file and then selecting "Extract All" and make sure the destination is: "H:\My Documents\Communications\Newspaper\stories"
- Use the “place” function, within InDesign, to insert stories and images into the InDesign document (All articles must be used to populate your newspaper).
- Use of text boxes and “flow” (text boxes that break and continue on other pages or other areas of the document).
- Use “text wrap” to have text in a text box follow the contour of an inserted image (on all the different images)
- The use of layers in this fashion:
- Text will be on a layer designated specifically for text (and labeled “text”
- Images and graphics will be on a layer designed specifically for inserted images (and labeled “images and graphics”)
- A background layer (composed of a color, images, graphics, or a combination)
- A layer specifically for the “masthead” of the publication
- A layer specifically for story photos
Elements to include
- Each story must include author/journalist image (doesn't matter what it is)
- Each story must include a story image (find something relevant or that would go with the story.
- At least half of the story images must be extrapolated images that incorporate Text Wrap
Use the “Pages” (Master A/B) function to set up different pages and sections for the Newspaper or Newsletter (Your newspaper/newsletter will be a minimum of five pages)
The InDesign document will be formatted
- For iPad
- Utilizes a Front Page for each section (News, Sports, Life, Technology)
- Utilizes Subordinate Pages
Text will be formatted in this fashion:
- Article title styles will be Ariel (bold), at whatever size you can fit it at.
- Paragraph styles will be Ariel (regular) 10 pt
- Journalists names will be Ariel (bold), 12pt - Find pictures of random people for journalists,...or a dog, a cat, a bunny - whatever.
- Drop Caps are to be implemented (use setting 2 lines, 1 character) for the opening paragraph to each story.
- Use a Masthead for the top of your Newspaper/Newsletter (you must design this)
You can grab images that enhance your newspaper from the Internet. Be sure to use school appropriate images in your layout.
When you have completed this assignment, be sure to "Export" your InDesign document as an Adobe PDF document, titled "Newspaper.pdf"