|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
- Open up Adobe Photoshop (Go to Start - All Programs- Adobe Design Standard CS3 - Adobe Photoshop)
- Go to "File" and 'Open"
- Navigate to your "My Alphabet" folder and open the Alphabet.PSD file
- Create a new layer
- Go to the Internet and locate an image of a raw material (marble, stone, rock, sand, etc - do not get an image cotton candy, logo for your favorite sports team, etc)
- Paste the image of your material on a layer underneath your alphabet
- On the layer's pallette, drop the "Fill" of your Alphabet layer down to "0"
- Apply a Layer Effect to your aplhabet layer.
- Apply a Bevel
- Apply a "Drop Shadow"
Experiment with these settings to generate a more realistic carved look for your alphabet.
- When you are satisfied with your results, save your file as a Photoshop PDF file.
STL 8 - The Attributes of Design (Students will develop an understanding of the attributes of design
- The design process
- Design problems are usually not clear
- Designs need to be refined
STL 11 - Apply the Design Process (Students will develop the abilities to apply the design process)
- Identify a design problem
- Refine the design
- Evaluate the design
STL 17 - Information and Communication Technologies (Students will devlop and understanding of and be able to select and use information and communication technologies)
- The purpose of information and communication technology
- Many ways of communicating
- Communicating through symbols