|No iPads are allowed to be used in this class either for academic or recreational use.. Using the ipad is a violation of Gross Misconduct and will result in detention and other disciplinary action.|
Due Date January 9
What is Graphic Communication? Graphic Communication is the sending and receiving of information or messages in a visual manner. This is the technical definition of communication. But, what lies beneath this definition? How do we take our world for granted? What if we were unable to communicate with each other by conventional means? How would we overcome and adapt? With the onset of the Information Age claiming more and more of our attention, rationing our minds to keep up with the most modernized forms of communication systems can be taxing. Of course, the benefits of keeping up with the current technological trends in communications means great rewards for those who are in the loop of things. For those who are not? Things become complicated.
Here is Assignment #1
- Create a new folder (on your Student drive) and label it “Communications 1."
- Create a new folder in the Communications 1 folder you just created and label it “Classroom Policy”
- On the menu bar at the top of this webpage, click on the “Home” tab and then select “Classroom Policy”
- Read the Classroom Policy
- Create a new MS Word document and write a 6-8 sentence statement declaring which classroom policy you feel is your personal favorite, the most important, or maybe even has the most long-term effects on your immediate future (Be sure to use proper sentences, punctuation, spelling, etc)..
- Save your MS Word document as "Classroom Policy Assignment.doc" in your "Classroom Policy" folder
Here is Assignment #2
- Create a new folder in the Communications 1 folder you just created and label it “Grading Policy”
- On the menu bar at the top of this webpage, click on the “Home/Resources” tab and then select “Grading Policy”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and read the "The Grading Policy (Communications/Multimedia)" section
- Create a new MS Word document and write a two sentence statement that describes how the 'Salvage Date" works, regarding future assignments and projects
- Save your MS Word document as "Grading Policy Assignment.doc" in your "Grading Policy" folder
Here is Assignment #3
- Create a new folder in your Communications 1 folder and title it "Save Your Work"
- Read the following webpage regarding Save Your Work (Where/What/How)
- Create a new Word document and answer these questions
- What file type are Adobe Illustrator files supposed to be saved as (natively)?
- What file type are Adobe Photoshop files supposed to be saved as (natively)?
- Write a short answer essay on what the difference is between a "project" file and a "rendered" file - do not copy and paste these answers. Your original and authentic response will illustrate your true understanding of the question.
- Write a short answer essay on why we "import" and "export" files.
- Save your MS Word document as "Save Your Work.doc" in your "Save Your Work" folder.
STL 12 - Students will develop the abilites to use and maintain technological products and systems
- Follow step-by-step instructions
- Use computers to access and organize information
- Operate Systems