|Turn off your iPad. It is not to be used (in any way) in this classroom, either for academic or recreational use (unless approved by the instructor). Ignoring this will result in detention and further disciplinary action (Gross Misconduct/Refusal to comply).||Did you remember to put your assignments in a folder? Did you label the folder after the assignment title? Did you save your file in the appropriate manner? If not: NO GRADE! Check your PowerSchool frequently. It's your RESPONSIBILITY!|
Adobe InDesign Continued - Due 3/29 (end of the period)
To add page numbering to our document, we need to create a text frame box at the bottom left hand of the master page. To do this, simply grab the Type Tool (T) from the InDesign tool bar and click and drag a small rectangle at the bottom left corner. You should see something like this:
Now, in order to get our pages to automatically number, we need to use something called “Special Characters” in InDesign.
- Double click on the text box you just created (you should see the cursor inside the text box now)
- On the Menu Bar, select “Type” and then “Insert Special Character”
- Choose “Markers”
- Select “Current Page Number” (this will insert a small “A” into the box.)
- Repeat this process for the opposing page, making the text box in the right bottom corner instead.
- Edit both of these Current Page Number boxes so that the font is Ariel, 14pt and Bolded
We need to add a hyperlinked (website link) at the bottom of the page.
- On the right-side Master Page, create a text box at the bottom of the page and type the worlds “Technology Quarterly.”
- Highlight the words “Technology Quarterly” and right click.
- Select “Interactive” and then select “New Hyperlink Destination”
Use these settings:
- Click OK
Now, even though our document may not display it, the words Technology Quarterly will act as a hyperlink once we export the document.